cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1 Compiler Status

SOLVED

Magento 1 Compiler Status

I always keep disabled the Compiler of Magento 1.7.0.2 from System > Tools > Compilation, so as to avoid trouble in case I install/update some external extension. After I install/update an extension, I enable the compiler, run compilation and afterwards disable it again.

Is keeping compiler disabled a good practice, or the compiler should be disabled only during installation or update of an extension?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1 Compiler Status

Hi @dandrikop 

We generally made it disable when the site is in Development Mode.

Basically when we run the compilation it compiles all the files and put them all in the lib folder.

So if you make it enable in Development mode then every time you have to disable it to check the changes.

We generally put this enable on production mode when the site is stable as in that case fetching the previously compiled data is much faster as compare to fetch the data again and again.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @dandrikop 

We generally made it disable when the site is in Development Mode.

Basically when we run the compilation it compiles all the files and put them all in the lib folder.

So if you make it enable in Development mode then every time you have to disable it to check the changes.

We generally put this enable on production mode when the site is stable as in that case fetching the previously compiled data is much faster as compare to fetch the data again and again.

Thanks

---

Hello @dandrikop 

@Rahul Guptagave you a perfect explanation of the compilation.

It's good to have it enabled but some times third party extension create an issue with compilation enabled, they don't properly compile and throws the error.

Suggestions

Its good to use compilation on the store for better performance.

Always try to purchase a third party extension from a reputed extension vendor.
Test the third party extension in the development store once, before implementing it on live.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

I have an issue with magento theme. During the Installation megento. Its show error while installing.

How to install Magento proper. 

I need also a magento theme same as below websites.

Dealscontinue

Gookygoods

Hi @shree_sharma 

You can download magento using composer.

For this you can refer https://www.simicart.com/blog/magento-2-composer/

If you are new to magento you can also download the magento zip file and then extract it on your server.

After that you can give proper permission and it checks the requirements which needs to be fulfilled before installing magento.

For checking the requirements you can follow this https://meetanshi.com/blog/magento-2-system-requirements/

If you need any type of help then do let me know.

Thanks

---