cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento: what is table eav_entity for?

Magento: what is table eav_entity for?

I know EAV logic and I know what is eav_entity_attribute for. (about eav_entity_* - the same). But I'm not clear about table eav_entity. It is always empty.

Could someone give some comments please. I would be glad to get any assumption.

Google gives nothing on this question, as usual)

https://faceforpc.com/
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento: what is table eav_entity for?

Hi @jeri_k 

While searching in Magento Core Code i found out that eav_entity table is mentioned in confix.xml and in DB setup you can check this in below path:

/app/core/code/Mage/Eav/etc/config.xml

But thing is they declared it but never used it  may be the devs go with other approach.so that is  the reason it's  empty. the approach what dev is to define eav type and their respective table like for customer,order,sales etc. and use them directly.

For more information about this you can go through The purpose of 'eav_' tables here this can help you for better understanding.

--------
Problem Solved, Please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
Shubham Khandelwal

Re: Magento: what is table eav_entity for?

Hello jeri_k,

The eav_entity table stores data about the various entities in Magento. An entity in Magento is an object that can be stored in the database. The table stores information such as the entity type, the entity name, and the entity ID.

The Magento eav_entity table is used to store information about the entities that are used in the EAV (entity-attribute-value) model. These entities can be products, customers, orders, etc. Each entity has a unique ID used to identify it in the database. The eav_entity table also contains a column for each attribute that can be used with the entity.

The table eav_entity in Magento is responsible for storing information about entities. An entity can be anything that can be identified, such as a customer, product, or order. Each entity has a unique identifier used to look up information about the entity in the database. The eav_entity table contains three columns: entity_id, entity_type_id, and increment_id. The entity_id column is the primary key for the table and is used to identify each entity. The entity_type_id column is used to identify the entity type, such as customer, product, or order. Finally, the increment_id column is used to generate a unique identifier for each entity.

Ultimately, Entity–attribute–value (EAV) is a data model to encode, in a space-efficient manner, entities where several attributes (parameters, properties) that can be utilized to represent them are possibly extensive. Still, the amount that will really connect to a given entity is comparatively simple.

Thus, I hope the above information helps you to be clear about the table eav_entity in Magento.

------------------------------

Regards,

Rex M

VPS Hosting | Magento Hosting