cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Stores Domain Configuration and Google

Multiple Stores Domain Configuration and Google

Hi all,

My client is looking to set up a Magento site with multiple stores. Each store should have a separate domain e.g:

mysite1.co.uk

mysite2.co.uk

etc

I understand this needs to be set up as a domain alias on the server and then within the htaccess. However I have the following questions:

- Will the rest of the domain in the address bar contain the categories and product pages of the site after the domain, or will the domain just remain as is within the address bar.

- How will the URL appear within Google and other search engines? Will the alias URL appear or will the base website url appear?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Stores Domain Configuration and Google

The stores will appear as separate websites, with full URLs to catagories and products under each separate domain. Google and search engines will see them as separate websites if you set up the multi-store correctly in Magento.

Belong how you configure and what you need. Can you send me your site URL so I can look at it more detail?

Thank you both for your replies. I don't actually have the URL to show as the site is not built yet! These are just questions and requirements that need ironing out before the start of the project.

Thank you again.