cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding user issue

Regarding user issue

Dear sir

i want to know about how many user can be log in fronted magento ,and  how many user limit at a time in magento website.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Regarding user issue

As many as you have resources for:

• Having many users logged in at the same time, doesn't mean they have a contineous connection to your server, but the number of webserver or php-fpm processes is going to be a factor.
  • The second resource is the session storage. Magento remembers some information about each user (logged in or not) and the more users are logged in, the more this is gonna cost:

Where you store your sessions matters:

• If you store sessions in files, that'll die first plus you cannot add more webnodes, so you can only scale up. That's when the associated I/O isn't gonna kill the site first.
  • If you store session in the database, it will most likely become overloaded on connections. This can be mitigated but will cost a lot of memory. Replication will not help a whole lot, since each session has both a read and write operation, so the master database will be directly linked to the number of users and reach it's platform first.
  • So, the best way to scale here is to use a persistent (one that saves to disk) NoSQL store, that can scale horizontally. Redis since 3.0 can do that, but there are a number of different setups that can handle this (CouchBase/CouchDB for instance)

So there is no technical limit, only a financial one.

Re: Regarding user issue

It almost belong to the storage engine you use to store session. If you have the huge user session number login then I highly recommend you use Redis as storage engine for magento. Redis will know how to optimise the memory and get the best performance. You just need to provide the hardward good enough. 

You can check this for more detail how to use Redis for magento https://github.com/colinmollenhour/Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis

Other than that, when you use Redis as storage engine for session, you will make it faster file system and database storage and release the load for file and database.