cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhost File Limit

Webhost File Limit

Hi there,

today I reached my webhosts file limit of 50,000 files, with a number of 50,129 files.

Ironically, I didn't add any file in the last week to my website and I didn't have this problem before.

Today, in the morning, when I first logged in to my Admin Account in Magento, I noticed a very long loading proces, for logging me in, after I wrote my admin username and password. Then I went to my webhosts website account and noticed that I went over the files number limit.

Now, after 2-3 hours I tried to open my website, but I got this message:

"The page isn’t working

is currently unable to handle this request."

I was using JM Trex theme, from Ubertheme and my Magento version was CE 1.9.3.1.

I sent a message to my hosting provider and they told me to upgrade to a more expensive hosting package, which I don't afford. What should I do? Should I delete some files? Which files?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Webhost File Limit

The first thing that you should do is to clear out the files in /var/caches and /var/sessions to try to reduce the number of files. 

Anyway are you hosting with a provider who offers "unlimited" disk space? Many "unlimited" hosting providers set hidden limits like this in order to restrict your actual usage. 

Also check in var/report and clear out those files. They can build up quickly and are only needed to troubleshoot past errors.

I've done this and I got this error: 

Warning: include_once(/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Core_functions.php) [function.include-once0]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tastatur/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 36

Warning: include_once() [function.include0]: Failed opening '/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Core_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tastatur/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 36

Warning: include(/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_App.php) [function.include0]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Varien_Autoload.php on line 94

Warning: include() [function.include0]: Failed opening '/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Mage_Core_Model_App.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tastatur/public_html/includes/src/Varien_Autoload.php on line 94

Fatal error: Class 'Mage_Core_Model_App' not found in /home/tastatur/public_html/app/Mage.php on line 670

Can you let us know what exactly did you do?

Clearing the caches and sessions should not throw up any errors at all. 

I looked back and concluded that the error came after trying to compile the files, in Magento Admin Panel. To solve this, I edited includes/config.php and commented out the following lines:

#define('COMPILER_INCLUDE_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'src');
#define('COMPILER_COLLECT_PATH', dirname(__FILE__).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'stat');

It has worked for me, my website is back, but it didn't work for my friend which helps me with the blog. He refreshed and still got the same error, I had gotten  before editing the code.

Yes, Compilation can cause errors like this, especially if you install or upgrade anything in Magento Connect. 

What is your friend's role in the problem? You mean he is still seeing the error for your website on his or her end? 

He helps me with the blog.

Yes, I can browse and use my website, he can't, because he gets the error.

Did you ask him to try accessing the website after clearing his browser cache? 

Also try having him use another web browser or another device and see if it works.