cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website/Apache Lockups

Website/Apache Lockups

I have a VPS Server, CPanel, WHM, the works. From time to time, my website will lockup even though there is no reason for it to. I check the Apache status during those lockups and the lowest amount of the Requests currently being processed during those times is 13. The highest can sometimes be 80+ but it always shows idle workers. CPU usage is typically low, RAM is usually at 2GB out of 4GB. Running PHP 7.2, EasyApache 4, Apache 2.4. Memory Usage Restrictions is on at 341MB (the recommendation). Any advice is appreciated as I can't figure out what to do. The best thing that I can think of for the cause of it is that there are people that have really unstable/poor connections to the website and it slows everyone else down to a standstill.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Website/Apache Lockups

I did take just now take off the Memory limitation as I have heard mixed reports on that. I don't know if it will help or not as the issue has happened in the past with it off.

Is this a Managed or Unmanaged VPS?

Is your server and specifically Apache tuned and optimized for Magento?

@JLHC 

It is a managed VPS.

I think it is optimized for Magento. Besides the times where it gets locked out randomly, it runs pretty fast.

My latest working theory is still along the lines of people having unstable internet connections causing them to lag out the website, but that wouldn't explain why it causes the website to slow down to standstill? A couple people shouldn't be able to cause that unintentionally. I have a post in the programming forum as well asking about something I am looking for as I have noticed some people getting locked up trying to GET that which I cannot find.