cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cache management

cache management

Hy!

I am a new in this domain, so have mercy Smiley Very Happy

I just want to ask you guys if I want to delete all the item in the Magento's 'recycle bin' cart is it enough to just select all the 7 options in the Cache Storage Management, and refresh them, or is it necesary to click also other buttons?

The web-hosting guys told me that there are a lot of log-in information remained saved from 2008 in the store's memory. I started to use the platform from 2010 so I don't understand why the things that I delete, are not deleted  Smiley Sad

Also, in the Index Management 2 options are not refreshed anymore:

1. Catalog URL Rewrites (from 28.09.2015)

and

2. Category Flat Data (from 19.05.2012 !!)

I think that maybe this is the problem that does nor let the Cache to be refreshed (deleted), but I have no idea how to fix it.

Help ! Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance!

Lavinia

4 REPLIES 4

Re: cache management

One simple way where you can remove all sessions is to go to the var/sessions directory and remove all files within it. 

As for the Index Management, if you can't reindex it from Magento's backend, you may want to try running reindexing using SSH:-

php -f shell/indexer.php reindexall

can you please tell me where is the var/sessions exactly? the platform is translated in Romanian and I'm afraid to click something wrong Smiley Very Happy

It's not within Magento Admin. It's within your files which you can access either with FTP or your hosting control panel. 

dont forget that you have to cleanup your database tables too

log_url

log_url_info

log_visitor

log_visitor_info

check if these tables are not few gig in size

truncate them

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization