cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

index.php throws 404 error

SOLVED

index.php throws 404 error

I have a Magento site that we are migrating from one host to another.  The new host is building up their server very custom.  I have everything installed on the new server and the homepage is loading.  However, I am getting a 404 error when visiting URLs with "/index.php/" in them (i.e. https://mydoman.com/index.php/customer/account/create/).  Without the "/index.php/" the rewrite works correctly.  Any ideas why the "/index.php/" would cause errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: index.php throws 404 error

For anyone else that bumped into this, it was a misconfiguration with the host's server.  What was happening was the server's PATH_INFO variable was not set.  I had the host check that the "AcceptPathInfo" directive was set for Apache, but it turned out that it was a misconfiguration with mod_php.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Can you check what value you have in Magento admin for System->configuration->web->Search Engines Optimization? It should be set 'No' to have index.php in the URL.

Also make sure to clear Magento cache and browser cache. Look into URL related pending index. Reindex if needed.

Lastly, hope you are using the same webserver on both hosting..

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

For anyone else that bumped into this, it was a misconfiguration with the host's server.  What was happening was the server's PATH_INFO variable was not set.  I had the host check that the "AcceptPathInfo" directive was set for Apache, but it turned out that it was a misconfiguration with mod_php.