cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow only during sign in t o admin area

slow only during sign in t o admin area

Hello,

I've notice my magento setup is running very slow whenever i attempt to login, it takes me about 3 or 4 minutes before it gets me into the admin area. Any idea what can i check that could be causing this or running during the admin login?

Version: 1.9.4.0

Looking at the console i've found the following processes that seem to be stuck for a couple days:

bin/magento queue:consumers:start product_action_attribute.update --single-thread --max-messages=10000
bin/magento queue:consumers:start product_action_attribute.website.update --single-thread --max-messages=10000
bin/magento queue:consumers:start exportProcessor --single-thread --max-messages=10000
bin/magento queue:consumers:start codegeneratorProcessor --single-thread --max-messages=10000

5 REPLIES 5

Re: slow only during sign in t o admin area

Hello @johnukhost3f93 

Please check with following steps

1. Can you please kill all the process and try to check it.

2. if still not working than please check cache with enabled.

3. Please check is there any malware or not  ( you can scan this from cpanel )

--- 

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos 

Thank you

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

Is this a fresh installation?

If it has been running for a while, is it always this slow or did you make some changes to the server level or application level recently? 

Hello,

This is not a fresh install, the website has been updated with products through out the time but only started slowing down 3 weeks ago, while the website loads quickly, when signing it takes ages to login. killing the processes and signing in causes those  same processes to start again. I've notice that on CPanel the IOPS limit (I/O operations per second)  are hitting the limit when this happens which makes me believe that there's a scheduled task being terminated which i believe to be the above code i posted. Is there a way to optimize this tasks to accommodate the limit?

What is the IOPS limit in your cPanel? 

Hitting the limit explains the slowness you are experiencing as CloudLinux at the server level will throttle / limit your account to keep your usage within the limit. 

Hello,

The IOPS are limited to 1024, i've tried doubling it but the issue continued. This is only affecting the admin dashboard, the website itself is loading just fine and this only started to happen about 3 weeks ago. I believe this is something that can be optimized on the platform rather than just increase the hosting resources, but i'm not sure where to start.