cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Orders From Same Account Information But Different People

SOLVED

2 Orders From Same Account Information But Different People

I have a weird situation I'm wondering how to fix or prevent. I had 2 orders come in with the same account information, but the actually customers were 2 different people. One was the right person with the account information and the other one was a completely different person. They were back to back orders, but come in about hour difference in time. Luckily the payment methods were different, but is there a reason why these 2 orders had the same account information attached to them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 Orders From Same Account Information But Different People

Hi @rjaskelton1982,

Orders from the same user can have different shipment and payment method information, including different:

• First name
  • Last name
  • Email address

Are you sure that the account information is different?

By account information I am referring to the information that you see in the Customers -> Manage Customers page.

Looking forward your response.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @rjaskelton1982,

Orders from the same user can have different shipment and payment method information, including different:

• First name
  • Last name
  • Email address

Are you sure that the account information is different?

By account information I am referring to the information that you see in the Customers -> Manage Customers page.

Looking forward your response.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi Gabriel,

So here is the scenario we had 2 customers, we will call them Customer #1 and Customer #2 purchase items on our site. When we looked at the orders for Customer #1 and Customer #2 they had the same Account Information in the backend. So they both had the same Customer Name and Email even though the Billing, Shipping and Payment information are different. This is causing multiple issues, but now Customer #1 is getting emails saying they purchased items when they didn't and Customer #2 isn't getting the emails at all because they are going to Customer #1. It also messes up for accounting software because it uses the email address.

@Gabriel GuarinoThis issue has happened again this morning. 2 orders came in as the same customer's account but were 2 different people.