cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A free module/way to import / connect configurable products to simple products

A free module/way to import / connect configurable products to simple products

Hi,

Does anyone know of a free module/way to import / connect configurable products to simple products from csv. Magento 1.9.2.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A free module/way to import / connect configurable products to simple products

Have you looked at http://wiki.magmi.org/index.php?title=Main_Page?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Re: A free module/way to import / connect configurable products to simple products

Hi thanks

Yes I did here about that but as I'm just a beginer I was a little put off as it doesnt look very plug n play if you know what i mean. I have wasted so much time looking / trying options. I have started just adding the simple products to the importded configurable ones manually as at leats that definately works.

Hi @Npire1

Have you tried importing and exporting the products using the Magento default fauctionality "Data Profile".

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Yes but it does not show the "super coloumns" that allow you to see the connections between simple and configurable ones so you cannot connect them.

Have since realised after manually inputting all my configurable listings with their asscoiated simple listings and after viewing a products export using simple "Exort" option under system, import/export that the spreadsheet first creates lines for the configurable listings with the associated variant options and super sku's as a kind of template (Can take up many lines) then further down the spreadsheet the actual simple products are listed so i imagine when imported back in first the template is created/amended and then the simple listings are able to populate the configurable listing. I havnt actually tried to create a configurable listing as yet so i cant be sure if the configurable listing will actually link with the simples but i would be surprised if not.