cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to add phtml to customer dashboard

SOLVED

Best way to add phtml to customer dashboard

Hi,

I want to add a custom phtml to the customer account dashboard.

I find a solution by copying the dashboard.phtml to my own template and adding a my custom phtml.

Is there another solution?

Whats the best way to do that?

Regards

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best way to add phtml to customer dashboard

Hello,

In my opinion, I think the best way to this is that we will copy exist dashboard.phtml from base/default or rwd/default theme to your current theme.

There is another solution: you create new template, you change xml layout to your custom template. For example: assume that your current theme is rwd/default:

You create customdashboard.phtml template and put it under customer/account folder. Go to customer.xml, find customer_account_index, change:

<block type="customer/account_dashboard" name="customer_account_dashboard" template="customer/account/dashboard.phtml">

to your custom dashboard:

<block type="customer/account_dashboard" name="customer_account_dashboard" template="customer/account/customdashboard.phtml">

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

In my opinion, I think the best way to this is that we will copy exist dashboard.phtml from base/default or rwd/default theme to your current theme.

There is another solution: you create new template, you change xml layout to your custom template. For example: assume that your current theme is rwd/default:

You create customdashboard.phtml template and put it under customer/account folder. Go to customer.xml, find customer_account_index, change:

<block type="customer/account_dashboard" name="customer_account_dashboard" template="customer/account/dashboard.phtml">

to your custom dashboard:

<block type="customer/account_dashboard" name="customer_account_dashboard" template="customer/account/customdashboard.phtml">

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thanks for your suggestions.

I decided to create a copy of dashboard.phtml to make my changes, because this better for updates.