cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk changing prices with SQL

SOLVED

Bulk changing prices with SQL

I have written a VB Script to update prices of all products directly on SQL.

The problem that i have is that :

- I've update the 'value' in catalog_product_entity_decimal where my attribute_id = 75 (which is the price attribute) with an amount say R500

- However when i check the price on the web page it show

" Regular price

R500.00

Special Price

R400.00"

- Now the R400 is the price that the item was before I ran the script. I have looked in all the db tables and cannot find this value.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bulk changing prices with SQL

Hi @SEWEB2

On the website you are being showed the calculated price from the price indexers, which taking into account a lot of different things in Magento. 

Technically you can also update the price index table, but since it is calculated it would be overwritten on the next run.

You should run the price indexers when you are done with updating your prices or just use the API or Models to do your updating instead :-)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SEWEB2

On the website you are being showed the calculated price from the price indexers, which taking into account a lot of different things in Magento. 

Technically you can also update the price index table, but since it is calculated it would be overwritten on the next run.

You should run the price indexers when you are done with updating your prices or just use the API or Models to do your updating instead :-)

Hi @Theis Corfixen

It looks as if this has fixed my problem.... Smiley Surprised

Will do some more testing tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks for the help.