cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy X for Y

SOLVED

Buy X for Y

Hi All,

I currently own an e-commerce business selling e-cigarettes and e-liquids; I want to do a deal on my e-liquids, instead of £4 each, customers can purchase 3 for £8 and so forth. How would I implement this into my store without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money for an extension?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buy X for Y

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

Ok so I would recommend you checking out Magento's Shopping Cart Price Rules, under the promotions menu for this. You can setup discount rules depending on Product Attributes, and even do it in steps if needed. 

If you feel like to need more rules, I have used the following plugin for a few clients in the past, I have no affiliation:

https://amasty.com/special-promotions.html

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

You are in luck you wont need to pay any money since Magento have tier price functionallity build right in. Just check under the price tab under your products in the admin. 

@Theis Corfixen wrote:

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

You are in luck you wont need to pay any money since Magento have tier price functionallity build right in. Just check under the price tab under your products in the admin. 

Thank you for such a quick reply @Theis Corfixen, although I only see "Customer" group under this, along with the QTY; although I wanted to do it with other e-liquids. So if they bought 2 of one kind, and one of the other, aslong as they are all 10ml, they would only have to pay £8.

Thank you.

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

Ok so I would recommend you checking out Magento's Shopping Cart Price Rules, under the promotions menu for this. You can setup discount rules depending on Product Attributes, and even do it in steps if needed. 

If you feel like to need more rules, I have used the following plugin for a few clients in the past, I have no affiliation:

@Theis Corfixen wrote:

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

Thank you for your help once again, I really appreciate it and you're definitely helping me gain a new understanding to Magento as a previous Opencart user! 

I just have one more quick question @Theis Corfixen - I understand this conditions, I currently have "IF category is 3" however, there is no option for the amount of products in order to add the action, how would I add that?

Thank you.

Hi @NoTobaccoUK

So there are a lot of room to play, and I recommend to spend some time getting alont with the different terms here. What you are looking for right now I belive is the condition Product Subselection though :-)

@Theis Corfixen

Already got it sorted! Just done a bit of snooping and YouTubing and I've got them set up, thank you for your help!