cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 1.9.2.4 Remove "Compare" link from header menu

CE 1.9.2.4 Remove "Compare" link from header menu

I have disable compare functions on Product pages with the extension on my website wisdomsplendour.com 

However I want to remove "Compare" link from header menu that is located between Log in and Cart and from mobile version the same.

Account

3 REPLIES 3

Re: CE 1.9.2.4 Remove "Compare" link from header menu

If the theme was built correctly, you should be able to remove it by either going to System -> Advanced -> and disabling it (with a cache flush) or via XML.

I would examine your theme and search for this code "mini-compare-wrapper-regular".

I have a feeling this may be hardcoded.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

Thank you for the help. I use ET Extensions - ET Advanced Compare and Ultimo theme.
What module should I disable at System -> Advanced -> tab ?

I have examine the theme and commented code "mini-compare-wrapper-regular" in header.phtml and mini.phtml files.

Is there more simple method ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

The best approach would be to comment it out via the XML.

Something like this example: http://inchoo.net/magento/removing-product-comparison-in-magento/

However, I can't give you a direct answer because you are using a custom theme. An analogy for this would be I know how to change the oil on my Honda, but I might not know how to change the oil on your BMW. A lot of it is the same, but a lot of it is different.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com