cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not set up Cronjobs via SSH

Can not set up Cronjobs via SSH

Hi all,

I am using Magento 1.9.01 version. 

If customers register on my site, they get an e-mail -> its okay.

But if they order something, they do not get confirmation e-mail and also if I send it via admin panel, also invoices -> not okay.

I do not have cPanel and downloaded putty and logged it with SSH. On the internet are a lot of codes for seting up cronjobs, each 5 minutes, system is sending e-mails.. but

I entered this code at first: 

crontab -e

Than this code with my own code:

*/5 * * * * /var/www/pfad/zu/magento/cron.sh

Result: No such file or directory

Whats wrong?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can not set up Cronjobs via SSH

Anyone an idea?

hi,

Your cron should probably look something like one of these.. the first part e.g. the */5 * * * * means that the cron will run *every* 5 minutes.

The second pard.. e.g /bin/sh (etc..) is the execution path or path to PHP on your sever - these can usually be provided by your host since they can be different depending on your server setup.

The 3rd part . e.g. /[magento_path]/cron.php (or cron.sh) is the full path to the cron file on your server.

*/5 * * * * /bin/sh /[magento_path]/cron.sh 
*/5 * * * * /bin/bash /[magento_path]/cron.sh 
*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /[magento_path]/cron.php 
*/5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -f /[magento_path]/cron.php

Feel free to try the 4 setups above - however I would recommend contacting your host and they can inform you how to set the cron correctly depending on your setup.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Just an addition to the above; you mentioned you used PuTTY to connect to your server.. once you've located your cron.php file.. e.g cd yoursite/public_html - then you can type pwd and this wil give you the full path to the current directory you are in - this is useful for checking that the path to your cron file is correct (the 3rd part of the cron setup)

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi there,

thanks for your answers - I will try it out today.

I know my path -> checked it with info.php Smiley Wink

Regards,

Hi,

From the info you sent me in your PM - you could try the following (the forums wouldn't validate the HTML when I tried to send you this via the PM)

*/5 * * * * /usr/lib/php5.4 /kunden/homepages/39/d444325443/htdocs/herison/cron.php