cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Price Rule to Special Price

Catalog Price Rule to Special Price

Hi

I have created a Catalog Price Rule which is working. The reduced price is showing for the products on the frontend, but there is no reduced price showing on the backend 'Special Price'. I realise for most this is not an issue but my Google product feed requires these reduced prices or it disapproves them because there is a price missmatch with the full price that is showing on the backend and the reduced price on the frontend.

My question is; Is there a way to copy or code in so that the new prices that are created by the Catalog price Rule in catalogrule_product_price can be transferred to the Special Price (not sure which DB table this is) in the product backend? That way the google product feed will generate and submit the Special Price.

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Catalog Price Rule to Special Price

In my opinion, it's a bit sloppy to start copying things across fields like this when that's now how they were designed to act.   You may get all sorts of side affects that you don't intend (like promos expiring, but the special price keeping the low price active).

I would explore extending the google product feed and change how it get's pricing and have it check to see if the product has a promotional price.   I would just be real careful with the implementation to avoid as much performance degradation from adding complexity of price generation in a loop of all products while generating the promo price in the google feed.

Certified Plus Magento Developer | Top 50 Magento Contributor for 2017 | CEO/Founder at Jamersan | I make Magento videos at Ecommerce-aholic

It was more a question how code so the prices from the catalog price rule also display in the special price so that the google shopping feed can pick up on that price,because other than the front end the only other place that the price is visible is on the DB table.

Did you solve this item within magento 1 or maybe was the problem solved with magento 2

Hi,

The special price is set on product attribute level rather than in db. You can use xdebug to inspect or use var_dump() if wanted to just see how it looks. The best place to see its effect in template/catalog/product/view.phtml after you update special_price in product edit page.

I suggest, observe an event in Catalogrule_Rule model and update the special_price attribute. It would be good to put a check before you update the special_price attribute.

Hope this clear things up a bit :-)

Btw, if you need more information, please just reply back would be happy to help. 

Hi @innerwolf

The catalog price rule is work when your site load and it reduce your product price with some fix amount or % value and product special price is a attribute of product in this you enter the fix price only and also it will save in DB. so it you have problem with Google product feed you can create new category with 10% off or flat 10 off and assign those product to category.

Let me know if it helps. You can raise a KUDOS if its really worth for you. Also if it solves your problem then please mark as SOLUTION.

Let me know if it helps. You can raise a KUDOS if its really worth for you. Also if it solves your problem then please mark as SOLUTION.

Hello, i have my sale items set up in the catalog rules. I've set my google feed sale_price = special_price  but it's not picking up the catalog rule special prices that are showing on the frontend. How can i fix this?

special_price is not the discounted price