cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Billing Address & Change Shipping Address in Address Book

Change Billing Address & Change Shipping Address in Address Book

Hey all, everytime I press Change Billing Address and enter a new address it also changes the Shipping Address. But when I select Add New Address it allows me to choose Use As Default Billing Address or Use As Default Shipping Address. Very confusing for customers, looking for some insight as to why this is the case?

Thanks!When Add New Address Selected it give me default options.JPGNot able to select default billing or shipping.JPGChange Billing Address.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change Billing Address & Change Shipping Address in Address Book

When you first time create an account,
You need to fill up address for first time from My account Address book,
set your full address from address book save address.
First time address will be saved as Billing and Shipping address.

Now you can add additional address from click on Add New address from Address book tab.
Fill up the form and at the end of form you need to choose option for Use as my default billing address or Use as my default shipping address if you want to change your default billing or shipping address.

Your issue is why Default billing address and Default shipping address display for page without Checkbox.
Above case will be happened only, when you edit already saved default billing or shipping address.

if you create new address all the time you have display option with checkbox like,
Use as my default billing address and Use as my default shipping address

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Yes, you described my problem. But I don't understand why the Change Billing Address is hyperlinked if it will change both billing and shipping addresses. It is very confusing. You shouldn't have to press add new address and select which default address you'd like to change. Because the Change Billing Address is hyperlinked if I click that and enter a new address it should only change my billing address not both the billing and the shipping...

Yes, I understand your concern regarding why only one address is changed.

Once you fill up default billing and shipping address,

In Account Dashboard, you can see both addresses as the separate address. Also Below each address, you see links like, Change Billing Address and Change Shipping Address with hyperlink.

So When you click on any one of the above link, your both address changes whether you have updated billing or shipping link. This is the default behavior of magento and I also don't know why this will happened.

If you want to change any specific address, You have one option, click on Add New Address button on top, Add New Address and Select only one checkbox below the form so you can create only specific default addreess.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial