cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Site Map Title

SOLVED

Changing Site Map Title

Hi, Thanks in advance for any help.

Im trying to change the title of my website site map to remove a duplicate title. Ive located the themes catalog.xml file and found the relevant section of code (i think). However, it seems the developers already edited how it fetches a title so im a little unsure how to impliment a title change. Below is the section of code relating to the sitemap in catalog.xml.

Could somebody please tell me where and what code to insert to do this? The insturctions i followed ended up in making my whole site not load (thankgod for back-ups).

<!--
SEO Site Map
-->
<catalog_seo_sitemap>
<remove name="right"/>
<remove name="left"/>
<reference name="root">
<action method="setTemplate"><template>page/1column.phtml</template></action>
</reference>
<reference name="content">
<block type="page/template_container" name="seo.sitemap.container" template="catalog/seo/sitemap/container.phtml">
<block type="page/template_links" name="seo.sitemap.links" as="links" template="page/template/links.phtml"/>
<block type="page/html_pager" name="seo.sitemap.pager.top" as="pager_top" template="page/html/pager.phtml"/>
<block type="page/html_pager" name="seo.sitemap.pager.bottom" as="pager_bottom" template="page/html/pager.phtml"/>
</block>
</reference>
</catalog_seo_sitemap>
<catalog_seo_sitemap_category>
<update handle="catalog_seo_sitemap" />
<reference name="seo.sitemap.container">
<action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>Categories</title></action>
<block type="catalog/seo_sitemap_category" name="seo.sitemap.sitemap" as="sitemap" after="pager_top" template="catalog/seo/sitemap.phtml">
<action method="bindPager"><pager>seo.sitemap.pager.top</pager></action>
<action method="bindPager"><pager>seo.sitemap.pager.bottom</pager></action>
<action method="setItemsTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>categories</title></action>
</block>
</reference>
<reference name="seo.sitemap.links">
<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="catalog"><label>Products Sitemap</label><url helper="catalog/map/getProductUrl"/><title>Products Sitemap</title></action>
</reference>
</catalog_seo_sitemap_category>
<catalog_seo_sitemap_product>
<action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>Products</title></action>
<block type="catalog/seo_sitemap_product" name="seo.sitemap.sitemap" as="sitemap" after="pager_top" template="catalog/seo/sitemap.phtml">
<action method="setItemsTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>products</title></action>
</block>
</reference>
<action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="catalog"><label>Categories Sitemap</label><url helper="catalog/map/getCategoryUrl"/><title>Categories Sitemap</title></action>
</reference>
</catalog_seo_sitemap_product>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing Site Map Title

<catalog_seo_sitemap_product translate="label">
        <label>Catalog Seo Sitemap (Product List)</label>
        <reference name="head">
            <action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>Site Map</title></action>
        </reference>
            <action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>Products</title></action>
            <block type="catalog/seo_sitemap_product" name="seo.sitemap.sitemap" as="sitemap" after="pager_top" template="catalog/seo/sitemap.phtml">
                <action method="setItemsTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>products</title></action>
            </block>
        </reference>
            <action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="catalog"><label>Categories Sitemap</label><url helper="catalog/map/getCategoryUrl"/><title>Categories Sitemap</title></action>
        </reference>

this is the default layout in frontend/base/default/layout/catalog.xml

you would want to insert it between <catalog_seo_sitemap_product> and <update handle="catalog_seo_sitemap" />

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

add this

<reference name="head">
            <action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalog"><title>Site Map</title></action>
        </reference>

to each sitemap layout handler like catalog_seo_sitemap_category, catalog_seo_sitemap_product. they are in the default layout xml, not sure why you don't have it in your layout.

The previous instruction i followed told me to add that also, which I did and caused the error. Im presuming it was me inserting it into the wrong location. Could you point to the exact place to insert it please?

I know its simple but im an idiot lol.

Thank you for the help

<catalog_seo_sitemap_product translate="label">
        <label>Catalog Seo Sitemap (Product List)</label>
        <reference name="head">
        </reference>
            </block>
        </reference>
        </reference>

this is the default layout in frontend/base/default/layout/catalog.xml

you would want to insert it between <catalog_seo_sitemap_product> and <update handle="catalog_seo_sitemap" />

Brilliant, just done it and it worked a charm.

As expected, it was me putting it into the wrong place.

Thanks very much