cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding help. I have deleted some html code in static block

Coding help. I have deleted some html code in static block

I am 62 and not very experienced with computer work and mainly use WYSIWYG to edit my website. I bought a template and made some changes to my slider showcase static block. I have version CE 1.9.2.2

But then made the fatal error (I know I am stupid) of not saving the HTML code before adding a few words in WYSIWYG

Not liking the wording I deleted it (again in WYSIWIG) but have removed some html code that makes the slider work.

Can anyone help me get this fixed if I promise to save before editing again? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the broken html below. I have marked the section I tampered with in BOLD type. I deleted something there. The problem should be there somewhere?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div class="slider-showcase">
<script type="mce-text/javascript" src="{{skin url='js/camera.js'}}">// <![CDATA[

// ]]></script>
<script type="mce-text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
jQuery(function(){
jQuery('#camera_wrap').camera({
alignmen: 'topCenter',
height: '62.5%',
minHeight: '100px',
loader : false,
navigation: true,
fx: 'simpleFade',
navigationHover:false,
thumbnails: false,
playPause: false,
pagination:false,
});
});
// ]]></script>
<div class="slider_wrapper wow fadeInLeft" data-wow-duration="0.6s">
<div id="camera_wrap" class="camera_wrap">
<div data-src="{{skin url='images/camera/slides/slide1.jpg'}}" data-link="{{store url='trucks.html'}}">
<div class="camera_caption fadeFromBottom">
<p class="camera_caption_wrapper">&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-size: medium;">If your engine is New or Old, Big or Small, Diesel or Petrol - XSNano can save you money. &nbsp; Why? ... Because it works! - Contact us for bulk pricing or shop here now.</span></p>
<span style="font-size: medium;">New "nano" technology (XSNano) can now provide a complete burn of fuel and virtually eliminate friction and wear on all moving parts. Better fuel economy up to 28%, more power up to 34% and far less emissions up to 98%. We can now eliminate carbon and colloid deposits in engines and clean and maintain proper fuel flow. This means massive savings and protection for your machinery and far less emissions. <br /></span></div>
<div class="camera_caption fadeFromBottom"><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-size: 18px;">&nbsp;</span></span></div>
</div>
<div data-src="{{skin url='images/camera/slides/slide3.jpg'}}" data-link="{{store url='bikes.html'}}">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class="clear">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class="showcases">
<ul>
<li class="showcase-1 wow fadeInRightBig" data-wow-duration="0.8s" data-wow-delay="0s">
<div class="showcase-info">
<h3>More Power</h3>
<p>&nbsp;Up to&nbsp;34%</p>
</div>
</li>
<li class="showcase-2 wow fadeInRightBig" data-wow-duration="0.6s" data-wow-delay="0.2s">
<h3>Less Emissions</h3>
<p>Up to&nbsp;98%&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</li>
<li class="showcase-3 wow fadeInRightBig" data-wow-duration="0.5s" data-wow-delay="0.3s">
<h3>Save Fuel</h3>
<p>Up to&nbsp;28%&nbsp;</p>
</div>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Coding help. I have deleted some html code in static block

I'm shooting from the hip here (no time to validate the code), but I'm pretty sure that you have couple of unfinished <div> tags here. It means that for every starting <div> tag there must be a finishing </div> tag. Otherwise browser starts pairing them with elements outside the static block / page.

Tanel Raja

Re: Coding help. I have deleted some html code in static block

OK Thanks

I have got it fixed now

Many thanks

Kev