cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product with associated individual product problem

Configurable Product with associated individual product problem

Hello,

I am new here. Maybe someone of you has a clue how to solve this.

My problem ist the following:

a) I have created a configurable product and have associated existing individual products b) Now I want to make it possible for costumers to order either the individual product showing in the frontend or the same product associated to a configurable "mother" product for a discounted price (here they have to order X amount of the product together, that´s why I have created a configurable product associating individual products.

—> Now the individual product in the frontend gives me a 404 error and is not orderable as single products when asssociated to a configurable product

—> Once I delete the association to the configurable product, the 404 error is gone and the product can be ordered normally again

--> Product can in any case always be ordered in configurable product but as said as soon as I associate it, the same indvidual product cannot be ordered any more seperately

Do you have any idea, how I can get the same product with same SKU being orderable attached to a configurable product AND at the same time as individual product? Is there a setting that maybe changes this?

I would be so happy if anyone could help.

All the best

Ben

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Configurable Product with associated individual product problem

Hello. 

Set Visibility of associated simple products to "Catalog, Search" insted of "Not visible individually" and simple products will be available for view and purchase separately. 

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Products are set as "Catalog Search" and I can see them also. They carry the same Attribut Set as the Configurable Product as well.

But when associating the visible Product XYZ to the "mother" article and then clicking on the single visible article it always leads me directly to the Configurable "mother" article and not to product view of the simple individual product.

Once I de-associate the single product from the configurable product all works fine again and I can order it as single product.

Smiley Sad

Hi @benitt 

This shouldn't be the case, you should be able to have both the Configurable and simpe products in the same product lists. Try checking by visiting the simple products url dirrectly. If you don't know the specific generated URL go to:

http://www.*Your site*.com/catalog/product/view/id/*Simple product ID*

This should take you to the simpe product not the configurable product.

Hey,

thank you for your reply.

I did that but when visiting the URL of the simple product (which leads me to the correct page once product is not associated) I directs me to the configurable product when associated.

I refreshed URL Rewrites and Index and flushed Magento Cash and Storage but problem remains the same.

Very weird.

Best

Ben

Agree with Theis Cirfixen - simple goods should be visible using direct link 

Also try to look for them using Search at front-end, you should be able to find them as separate items. 

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hi,

the particular individual products are visible in the front end but when I click on them (and they are associated), it leads me to the configurable product with which they are associated instead of to the product view, from where I could order them.

The URL I see is the one of the individual product. When I de-associate the product, the same URL works fine and leads me to the product view page from where I can order the product.

Strange. 

To make redirect from simple to configurable product people install extensions or make use of coding. 

Can you please provide us the URL to simple product (that works when item is unassigned) and to main configurable product?

Hi,

this is the URL: http://www.lebenskleidung.com/de/biostoff/bio-jersey/bio-single-jersey-180-g-m-rote-bete.html

Now the product is associated, hence leads to the configurable product. Once I de-associate it, the normal product pages shows.

I have now de-associated the product again so it can be ordered.

So functionality is normal again but my problem is not solved.

I can show you again what happens when I associate it again.

Best

Ben