cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle2 slideshow doesnt work on mobile platforms

SOLVED

Cycle2 slideshow doesnt work on mobile platforms

Hi guys, Cycle2 slideshow doesn't work on mobile platforms, since I have upgraded to 1.9.2.4. the pagination at bottom dissappears also, and the first slide is displayed as a static image. On desktop and laptop (mac) browsers: chrome, safari,firefox it is; it is working correctly.

What could have caused this? Using my own theme based from the rwd theme. slideshow.js is intact. And, have not made any alterations to the slideshow functionality code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cycle2 slideshow doesnt work on mobile platforms

The answer is actually pretty simple. The use of the Pcarousel: all category products slider extension, must have caused a jquery conflict. I went to the pcarousel.xml file and commented out the following line:

<!--                      <action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>pcarousel/js/jquery.js</name><params/></action> -->

And, not hey presto! it all works. hallelujah

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The answer is actually pretty simple. The use of the Pcarousel: all category products slider extension, must have caused a jquery conflict. I went to the pcarousel.xml file and commented out the following line:

<!--                      <action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>pcarousel/js/jquery.js</name><params/></action> -->