cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Products from External db in Magento

Display Products from External db in Magento

I have a database in which some products and its categories. I would like to create a Magento site using this database with all Magento functionalities.And display category and its products in a store. How can I do this? Does anyone have any ideas how I could do that?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Display Products from External db in Magento

By far the simplest and sanest method is to use synchronisation between your two databases.

Tanel Raja

Can I do this with REST API? I want to display category list and its products... And I would like to use all magento functionalities like add to cart, checkout etc... please help me ... 

Hi,

So does it mean that you don't want to import products & categories in Magento DB and use REST Api to fetch it from external database in real time?

Thanks,

Aditya Katiyar

Hi,

1.Is it possible to import data from non-magento db?  

There are some necessary attributes for craeting magento products. So will I able to import data without those mandatory fields... 

2. How to call external webservices from magento? How magento consume REST API from external webservices..I am new to    webservices.. 

Which is the best solution? Please help me.. I really stuck on this

Hi,

To import products in Magento DB, you can use Magmi - https://sourceforge.net/projects/magmi/

Thanks,

Aditya Katiyar

For importing products, you can use following steps:

1. Create a Magento Standard CSV File
2. Fill Data (product info) in proper columns in CSV File
3. Import that CSV file in magento.

Let me know if you still have any further question, I'm there to reply..

Hi,

Is it possible to import non magento db as csv files in magento... and I have created csv file. while importing the csv product list gettting an error likeMagento Commerce.png

Yes, it is possible to import data from non magento DB to Magento through CSV file. But make sure your CSV file has proper format same as CSV file format for Magento. And also check file extension of your csv file. If you have filled data in columns of csv file properly, Magento automatically imports that data. So double check your CSV file.

If still problem persist, let me know again.

Thank you for reply.. So I want to add magento mandatory fields in CSV file.. Right?