cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by attribute

Filter by attribute

My client runs a online bookstore and wants books from a certain publisher to be displayed on their frontpage.

I have written a small piece of code that should filter products from a any publisher and it works for almost all publishers expect the one my client wants and a few others.

It is especially the line "->addAttributeToFilter('publisher', array('like' => 'Alfa'))" the troubles me. The code will return books published by Alfa and it works smoothly. I can change Alfa to almost all of the publishers in the bookstore and it will return books from the selected publisher expect a few where it doesn't return anything. 

Code

I hope someone will be kind enough to give me some guidance on how to solve this mystery.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Filter by attribute

hi alekri7,

For the like you can use  %. either use in `Alfa%`  for getting the result that containing match words Alfa and anything after that words.

For example if you use `Alfa%` the it will bring result `Alfaaa``Alfabb` any occurrence.

so i can suggest you should use `%Alfa%` i will bring any result that contain `**Alfa**` . so the Filter will be

->addAttributeToFilter('publisher', array('like' => '%Alfa%'))" 
Find helpful ? Consider Giving Kudos to this post.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!"
Qaisar Satti

Re: Filter by attribute

Hi Alekri,

$needle='Alfa';
$collection->addAttributeToFilter('publisher', array(
    array('like' => '% '.$needle.' %'), //spaces on each side
    array('like' => '% '.$needle), //space before and ends with $needle
    array('like' => $needle.' %') // starts with needle and space after
));

Passing the second parameter as an array of arrays will concatenate the conditions using OR

With custom / non-eav models addAttributeToFilter should be replace with addFieldToFilter.