cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google survey opt-in module for my magento shop

Google survey opt-in module for my magento shop

Hi guys,
I signed up for the Google Customer Reviews. I'm following the guide in the merchant center ( https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7106244 ).  And I'm stuck at the integration step of the opt-in module for a while now. I don't know in what file to add the html snippet. And I can't find any guide online how to implement this in magento.  So please help, thanks in advance Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Google survey opt-in module for my magento shop

From looking at the integration guide, you need to put this on your checkout success page.  Personally I'd write a small extension that adds this in rather than just putting the snippet in the standard checkout success template.  Obviously if you decide to just add the snippet into the checkout success, make sure it's in your own theme not the core Magento base themes.

Richard Cleverley
Magepim Ecommerce Services

Thanks for your reply,

I am totally new at coding in magento so I probably go for adding the snippet right into the succes.phtml file. But I can only find that file in app / design / frontend / base / default / template / checkout . Do I to first copy the succes.phtml file to my own theme file and then add the html code snippet? And the guide is talking about putting the code snippet just before the closing </body> tag. But I can't find it in this file, do I just add it at the end of the file?

The body tag won't be in the success.phtml template but you should be fine just adding it to the bottom of it. The other issue you will have is that you need to put the correct calls in to populate things like $order_id and $email as the examples on Google won't work for Magento.  Don't have time at the moment but I'll look later and put something together for you.

Richard Cleverley

If you could help me with the calls specific for use in magento that would be great. Thanks in advance. Correct me if I'm wrong but in my understanding the general idea is: copy succes.phtml from base template to my custom one and then paste the code snippet adjusted with the specific magento calls?

Yes, if you are putting it directly in success.phtml then you would copy the file from the base theme into your theme if it's not already there.  This is so you are not modifying any core files which would make upgrades difficult.

Richard Cleverley