cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I custom option value like product size use in Layered Navigation ?

How can I custom option value like product size use in Layered Navigation ?

Hi!

I have  created custom option like Age group  at the time of  add a product. Now i want this custom option as filterable in left navigation of category page. Can any one help me how can i do this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How can I custom option value like product size use in Layered Navigation ?

It depends what type of attribute it is but if you edit the attribute through the admin area, if available there will be options to allow in layered navigation.

Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi iweb_smartie!
Thanks for your suggestion but I don't want attribute in layered navigation. It is already there in admin area as you mentioned. I want custom option which I have added at the time of ADD product. There is only option to give name like size ,data type such as text ,radio button,drop down etc.

Hi.

Sorry i misunderstood. It is not possible to add custom options to the layered navigation. One solution, albeit a bit messy, would be to create the custom options as attributes as well and have the same values in there. That does double up on the work you would have to do to create a product though so you could take it further and have a custom module that creates and updates attributes automatically based on the custom option choices.

Hope that helps a little more than my previous reply Smiley Happy

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi!

Thanks once again! I got your point. but I am a new to magento. so can you provide the code snipet or more explaination  to do this ?