cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the Catalog with Layered Navigation onto Home Page?

How can I get the Catalog with Layered Navigation onto Home Page?

Hi,

I am trying to get the catalog to show up on the home page , together with layered navigation in the left column. I inserted the following on the Content tab of the home page:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

And the following on the Design tab of the home page:

<reference name="left">
<block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.layer.filter.view" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
</reference>

Now I see the products on the right, and in the left column, it says "Shop By", but then there is nothing underneath, no attributes nor attribute options. However, if I do a search for a product, then the attributes and options do show up on the left.

Am I missing something? How do I get the catalog and layered navigation to show up correctly on the home page?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How can I get the Catalog with Layered Navigation onto Home Page?

This isn't working because there is no current category being loaded in the code. The catalog layer view doesn't see a category, which is why you don't get any filters.

Re: How can I get the Catalog with Layered Navigation onto Home Page?

Thanks zenenjaimes.

I thought something is not right...

But I stumbled upon someone else who had the same issue on something related. They did not get the layered navigation in the left column because the categories were not under the default category, but on the same level as the default root category. The same was the case for me, so when I moved my categories under the default category, the layered navigation then showed up!