cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add images or if we need upgraded version free or paid? Using Magento version 1.8.1.0

How to add images or if we need upgraded version free or paid? Using Magento version 1.8.1.0

We used Magento ecommerce for a home site and it will not allow us to browse images or upload images to the products we want to add to our online catalog. All that comes up is a Root media folder with no images, and no ability to browse images on there directly through the computer or through our own files to pull from. 

I have tried everything and flash player is not the issue. We do not care at all if the website needs a paid Magento Version or a free one that is upgraded but if we can fix this issue we don't care what version we have. 

Please Magento community answer my question and if we need a new or paid version what is recommended? Also if it's just a version issue or technical issue how to go about fixing that? Do we need to add a media file in our Files Manager database through the Cpanel?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to add images or if we need upgraded version free or paid? Using Magento version 1.8.1.0

Hello @eric_iverson 

There are two broad topics involved in your question

one is you are not able to upload product images from the backend and you don't have access of directories as well - So can you please confirm that you have super admin access of the backend ?

Also have you checked the error log ? what error it showing when you are uploading the product images.

Second thing is - yes you will require to upgrade your Magento version 1.8 to Latest Magento version 2.3.X - Magento is going to end their support for Magento 1 in june 2020

So i would suggest you to upgrade your Magento version from 1.8 to Latest Magento version 2.3.X

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: How to add images or if we need upgraded version free or paid? Using Magento version 1.8.1.0

Hi @eric_iverson 

Can you add a screenshot of the page from where your are trying to upload the image? (Preferably with browser console opened)

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum