cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change custom option Title during add to cart process.

How to change custom option Title during add to cart process.

Issue:
When user selects the option (NOTE: there are 3 or more options available for that product) on the 'Product details' page and click on the button 'Add To Cart', he gets redirected to the 'Shopping Cart' page with the details of the selected option.

We need to change the title of that 'custom option' being pulled from 'Product details' page at the 'Shopping Cart' page.

For example:
Product displayed with 3 options (Room type, Start Date , End Date) on 'Product details' page>> User selects the Room type (Delux), start date (08/15/2015) and end date (08/20/2015) and click the button 'Add to Cart'>> User gets redirected to the 'Shopping Cart' page with the selected values: 'Delux' ,'08/15/2015', '08/20/2015'.

Now, I want to display the title from 'Room' to 'Room 5 Days' (i.e. Calculated Day (Total days) = End date - Start date) (Note: This change SHOULD happen during the transition (code processing) from one page to another after user click). Also, this change should be reflected everywhere across but not limited to order confirmation email, admin screen etc.

Thanks for your response @theMageComp @KuafuSoft. I believe my question wasn't clear enough earlier. Please review it here again and provide your valuable assistance.

Query solved? Accept as Solution.Thanks
Eric Baily
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to change custom option Title during add to cart process.

Im not 100% sure this is one change for all pages, but defenitely a starting point for you

overwrite Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_Configuration::getCustomOptions and

modify the 'value' and 'print_value' key in the result as you need

@AddWebSolution

You required to use the same thing in all the places. I suggest you that if possible change the custom options title similar to your requriement.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hello,

Our team has resolved this issue .

Thank you for the the help.

Eric Baily

Okay, Great Smiley Happy

If any of the above solution has helped, you can mark it as a solution. Or you can share the solution which worked for you so that if anyone has the same query this thread can help him/her.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi @theMageComp

We have followed the simple steps mentioned in below URL.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9412074/magento-quote-order-product-item-attribute-based-on-user-...

Eric Baily