cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide empty category for multistore installation ?

How to hide empty category for multistore installation ?

I have a strange issue facing now. My Magento installation has two stores, one is 'Main Website', another is 'somedomain.com', I am using same categories/subcategories and products for both stores. But, later I removed and updated some products in some subcategories for Main Website, now, when I go to category page for 'Main website', it lists all subcategories with products in it and hide empty categories, I have used same code for another store theme, but there it shows all subcategories(empty and with products), also I checked products count, it shows 'Main Website' product counts and not 'somedomain.com' store product counts which are different. How can I solve this?

Code I have posted on Stackoverflow : http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/69106/how-to-hide-empty-category-for-multistore-installat...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to hide empty category for multistore installation ?

Please use latest version: 1.9.1.1. This works all well and fine. 

Let me know if you face any issue regarding this.

Query solved? Accept as Solution.Thanks
Eric Baily

Re: How to hide empty category for multistore installation ?

Hi,

The actual problem is, I have created two separate stores in single Magento installation which are using same categories and products. After that I emptied some subcategories for second store and first store has products assigned for the same subcategories, when I load the second store, it loads subcategories listing in which empty categories are also listed - I checked the status and it shows empty catgories because it considers categories have products as per first store even though I am on second store page, this I can not figure out how to fix. Can you please advise ?