cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set free shipping with minimum after discount?

How to set free shipping with minimum after discount?

I've set it free shipping on my site for orders over $50 but if the amount prior to a discount is greater than $50 but after the discount is below $50 the free shipping still applies. Is there a way of setting up free shipping only on orders that are over $50 after discount?
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to set free shipping with minimum after discount?

Hello @riandrio2309 

I am still little bit confused with your query, can you please explain in detail? or possibly with screenshot?

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

@theMageComp 

Here is a screen shot. What is happening is I have set up free shipping on orders over $50. But if a coupon is used and the amount drops below $50 after the discount but is above $50 before the discount the free shipping is still being applied.

What I want it to do is to only offer free shipping on orders over $50. So if a coupon is applied and the after discounted price is below $50 (like in the screen shot) then a free shipping would not be offered because the after discounted price is only $40.95.

Hope this makes sence and thanks for you input.

You have to change 'getBaseSubtotal' to 'getBaseSubtotalWithDiscount' in your Tablerates.php if you're using Tablerates or in Freeshipping.php with Shipping/Freeshipping in Admin Panel. 

Just copy the *.php to ../app/code/local/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/. and change it. 

Works for me with 1.9.2.1.

Piet

Hi @uranuss

I am having the same problem, I have version 1.9.2.0 and havent been able to get it fixed.

Would you have a solution for version 1.9.2.0?

Thank you

Having the same problem creating a Free Shipping Rule for orders 49.95 +. Want the Free shipping to apply after any coupon discounts and prior to tax equals 49.95+

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The cleanest way to do this is extend out Mage_SalesRule_Model_Rule_Condition_Address to add "Subtotal with Discount" as a condition options.

See

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/9748/shopping-cart-price-rule-condition-based-on-final-p...

I am on Magento CE 1.9.3.7 and the solution from @uranuss works for me, but partly and with a small change. 

If I replace getBaseSubtotalInclTax() with getBaseSubtotalWithDiscount() I always get the shipping added, no matter do cart value is above, or below the free shipping limit. But if I replace it with getPackageValueWithDiscount() I do have other problem. The problem is that when I add the articles, I do not get the shipping cost added initially, I need to click on Update QTY and then I get shipping added. 
This is really strange to me. Did someone know what can be the issue? 

@uranusswrote:

You have to change 'getBaseSubtotal' to 'getBaseSubtotalWithDiscount' in your Tablerates.php if you're using Tablerates or in Freeshipping.php with Shipping/Freeshipping in Admin Panel. 

Just copy the *.php to ../app/code/local/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/. and change it. 

Works for me with 1.9.2.1.

Piet

I am facing same issue in magento2. How can I achieve this? I have to apply on grand total.