cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort the products which are out of stock if I already sorted the list of products in function

How to sort the products which are out of stock if I already sorted the list of products in function

Hi

I have working code which moving all out of stock products at bottom, now i need to add some code for sorting the out of stock products only which is already at bottom of the list products in the category before placing its there.

i have this in Layer.php

class WebPierCom_OutOfStockLastAndMostViewed_Catalog_Model_Layer extends Mage_Catalog_Model_Layer
{
public function prepareProductCollection($collection)
{
parent::prepareProductCollection($collection);
if (!Mage::helper('webpiercom_outofstockmastmndmostviewed_catalog')->isSortOutOfStockProductsAtBottomEnabled()) {
return $this;
}
try {
$websiteId = Mage::app()->getStore()->getWebsiteId();
if (Mage::helper('catalog')->isModuleEnabled('Mage_CatalogInventory')) {

$stockStatusFieldExisted = Mage::helper('webpiercom_outofstockmastmndmostviewed_catalog')->checkFieldExisted($collection->getSelect(), 'stock_status');
if(!$stockStatusFieldExisted) {
$collection->joinTable(
array('wprdc' => 'cataloginventory/stock_status'),
'product_id=entity_id',
array('stock_status'),
array('website_id' => $websiteId),
'left'
);
}
}
$collection->getSelect()->order('stock_status desc');
} 
catch (Exception $e) {}
return $this;
}
}

And i have in Helper.php this

class WebPierCom_OutOfStockLastAndMostViewed_Catalog_Helper_Data extends Mage_CatalogInventory_Helper_Data
{
const XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK = 'cataloginventory/options/sort_out_of_stock_at_bottom';
const XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK_BY_MOST_VIEWED = 'cataloginventory/options/sort_out_of_stock_at_bottom_by_most_viewed';
const XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK_SEARCH_RESULT = 'cataloginventory/options/sort_out_of_stock_at_bottom_for_search';

public function isSortOutOfStockProductsAtBottomEnabled()
{
return $this->isShowOutOfStock() && Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(self::XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK);
}
public function isSortOutOfStockProductsAtBottomByMostViewedEnabled()
{
return $this->isShowOutOfStock() && Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(self::XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK_BY_MOST_VIEWED);
}
public function isEnabledForSearchResults()
{
return $this->isShowOutOfStock() && Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(self::XML_PATH_SORT_OUT_OF_STOCK_SEARCH_RESULT);
}
public function checkFieldExisted($select, $field)
{
$result = false;
if($field) {
$columns = $select->getPart(Zend_Db_Select::COLUMNS);
foreach ($columns as $column) {
if (in_array($field , $column)) {
$result = true;
break;
}
} 
}
return $result;
}
}
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to sort the products which are out of stock if I already sorted the list of products in func

Try this code it will sort the product collection based on the inventory Quantity.

$collection = Mage::getResourceModel('catalog/product_collection');$collection->getSelect()->joinLeft(            array('_inventory_table'=>'cataloginventory_stock_item'),
            "_inventory_table.product_id = e.entity_id ",            array('qty')
        )->order(array('_inventory_table.qty DESC'));

You can change the DESC to ASC to do the reverse