cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP configuration/connectivity Question

SOLVED

IP configuration/connectivity Question

Hello to the Magento Forum! I'm running a LAMP stack with Magento CE installed in a development environment, and I'm trying to link my Magento server to another computer over a LAN so I can test out the website on a client computer. Both computers have static IP addresses (Both 192.168.3.xx), they can ping each other, and I can access some of the files on the Magento server from the client by using the server's IP address to substitute for a website name. However, I can't access 192.168.3.xx/magento or any sub-files; it appears that the 192.168.3.xx/magento request redirects to 127.0.0.1/magento, which confuses the client computer. When I try to access these files from the server's browser, they come up fine.

I considered that it could be an Apache issue; however, the problem pretty much only comes up when I try to access files in the Magento subdirectory from the client computer (Apache's index.html file, and several .php files in the same directory come up fine).

So my question is: Is there a Magento file that redirects Magento requests to 127.0.0.1, or is this an Apache (or some other program's) issue? And how do I fix this so I can access Magento through a client computer over a LAN?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IP configuration/connectivity Question

Hello @pitcherplant96

Not exactly sure, but you can try one thing if helps,

Go to phpmyadmin find the core_config_data table, and in secure and unsecure url enter,

http://192.168.3.xx/magento/ 

Try accessing using this url in the local and LAN computer.

Try and let me know.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @pitcherplant96

Not exactly sure, but you can try one thing if helps,

Go to phpmyadmin find the core_config_data table, and in secure and unsecure url enter,

http://192.168.3.xx/magento/ 

Try accessing using this url in the local and LAN computer.

Try and let me know.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hello, @theMageComp!

Thanks for your input. I changed the values of web/secure/base_url and web/unsecure/base_url to what you said (they were http://127.0.0.1/magento/ before, I believe), but there hasn't been any change.

I can also access phpMyAdmin through both the server and the LAN computer. I hadn't tried that before, so I don't know whether that was always the case or not. (I had installed PMA, but I hadn't travelled the Magento road far enough to need it yet. It also wasn't working properly due to a permissions issue, which is now fixed.)

EDIT: Well, it's working now... I guess it needed some time after changing the table for it to gointo effect. Thanks theMageComp!