cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing attributes and attribute sets to fresh install using MySQL data from old install

Importing attributes and attribute sets to fresh install using MySQL data from old install

The old site is no longer active. I have all the data, but I am not a good enough programmer to write scripts to import it. I've been trying to copy over the eav* tables and was able to import all the attributes on eav_attribute, but they do not display on the admin despite being there in the database. Then tried to copy over the eav_attribute_group and I am hitting foreign key constraints.

I am moderately proficient at SQL, not enough at programming to write my own import script. After searching this site, I have found a few people who were able to import using a script but they had the old site still active.

Does anybody know a way I could import the custom attributes and attribute sets from the old database SQL file into a fresh install using SQL?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Importing attributes and attribute sets to fresh install using MySQL data from old install

Hello.

Since no one replied to you for over 2 weeks, I want to offer you alternative - extension that allows to export attribute sets with attributes from one Magento and import them to fresh Magento install. The application is called Store Manager for Magento and it is paid, but there is 2 week version, it is fully-functional and you can cope with task within this time-slot without any fees.

You can download it from the link in my signature.

Here are also instructions:

- How to export attribute sets

- How to import attribute sets

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.