cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase upload size for downloadable products

Increase upload size for downloadable products

Magento currently has a 2Mb limit on uploads of downloadable products, but we have a few products that exceed that limit. How do I change the default limit to allow these uploads. I am talking of only 3-4 products that exceed the limit.  Thanks...

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Increase upload size for downloadable products

Hi @mlyth 

I'm pretty sure its PHP's file limit not Magento's by default its set to 2MB, you can see more here:

http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.upload-max-filesize

Basicly you need to edit the value in your PHP config, and restat PHP. You can check the value creating a file with the code:

<?php

phpinfo();

And check this from either your browser or the server.

I hope this helps :-)

Thanks Theis

Boy - am I going to sound like a newbie (which I am). Inherited Magento from our host when they closed our prostores platform. Desperately trying to learn new platform. Where do I find the php config and restart php? All I know right now is how to access the files via Filezilla, but a search reveals dozens of config.php files. Which one (ones) are the right ones? Sorry to sound so stupid about this, but I am frantic.  

Hi @mlyth 

It sounds like you really don't have any sort of server administration access / experience. Do yuo know what kind of setup your Store is located on, if its managed you can get your hosting provider to help increasing this limit, which I would defintly recommend :-)

Thanks.... will see if my host can do this. They have not been very helpful beyond porting over some of the old store data, as they are just learning this too.

Got it done thanks to customer service.

By how much can you increase this limit? We actually have 1 product that is 2.85GB! I'm not sure if there's anyway we can manage this file in Magento.