cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show product price based on customer group? (cost + markup for different groups)

SOLVED

Is it possible to show product price based on customer group? (cost + markup for different groups)

I'm entertaining the idea of allowing my loyal customers to receive a different price grid, the only thing is I'm not sure how to go about it.

Currently I have a module that will update all my pricing based on cost + % depending on the price range (ie 10$ - 1000$ +20%, 1001$ - 2000$ + 15%)

What I would like to do is to use a different markup for a specific customer group that would allow them to have a lower markup to encourage them to buy more.

I thought of having a seperate price attribute, but then I'd have to start modifying my cart and checkout page and wanted to check here first to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Thanks!

SR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to show product price based on customer group? (cost + markup for different group

Hi @srmobile

You question is not much clear to me but have you tries Magento Group Prices Product Group Price

Thanks

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is it possible to show product price based on customer group? (cost + markup for different group

Hi @srmobile

You question is not much clear to me but have you tries Magento Group Prices Product Group Price

Thanks

---

Thanks for the reply @Mukesh Tiwari

It's not exactly what I'm looking for - but pending another answer I might be able to get that to work.

To be clear:

Currently I have an attribute called "cost" that has my supplier cost, I then run a script that takes cost + 20% for products that cost between 10$ and 1000$,  cost + 15% for product that are 1001$ to 2000$ ect.

I would need these range of markups to be done based on customer group, so 10$ and 1000$ would be 10% instead of 20% for wholesale customers.

Hi @srmobile

Do you want  to use this calculation to assign price to particular user group only?

I think this should be possible using custom php script.But if you have huge catalog size then this solution should not be efficient for you.

Thanks

---

@Mukesh Tiwari

I guess I would have to modify my script to update the group price for the group I want. The only issue I have is that I've got a large catalog (as you suspected) and I don't know if  there is a method to create new group prices for products that dont already have that feature enabled. For sure I can update attributes that already exist but creating new ones is another story...

Thansk for your help, you've definitely given me a better direction then where I was going.

SR