cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to update/refresh a product page for configurables after all options have been select

SOLVED

Is there a way to update/refresh a product page for configurables after all options have been select

As you can see from the title I want to refresh/redirect the page after all configurable options have been selected so that the sku of the child product is present. The reason for this is that I've implemented a custom review system, but obviously I need the actual sku for the child product to accurately display my reviews. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to update/refresh a product page for configurables after all options have been se

I'd probably do this by observing the super_attribute select boxes on the product pages and on change, checking if you have all the values for all options of the product. With this information, you may be able to update your reviews. 

if you need more information about the particular product, you can use the IDs/values of the select boxes and look at the spConfig javascript variable that's on the page which includes more information about actual product IDs.

One note though is that unless you have a very large number of reviews, it's probably worth showing review options for all variants of a product. Otherwise, you'll likely to have very few or worse no product reviews to show. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is there a way to update/refresh a product page for configurables after all options have been se

I'd probably do this by observing the super_attribute select boxes on the product pages and on change, checking if you have all the values for all options of the product. With this information, you may be able to update your reviews. 

if you need more information about the particular product, you can use the IDs/values of the select boxes and look at the spConfig javascript variable that's on the page which includes more information about actual product IDs.

One note though is that unless you have a very large number of reviews, it's probably worth showing review options for all variants of a product. Otherwise, you'll likely to have very few or worse no product reviews to show. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!