cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M2E Pro Internal Server Error when creating imported ebay orders

M2E Pro Internal Server Error when creating imported ebay orders

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the following error message whenever I hit 'create order' for newly imported ebay orders through M2E pro. I have a rule set for this to happen automatically, but for whatever reason it's not working.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@keysun.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The weird thing is, that it only happens for orders with configurable products included. All other simple products import fine.

I've run the 'magento-cleanup' to see if it was a permissions issue, but doesn't seem to be?

I've reinstalled M2E Pro and still not working.

I've contacted my host and they're saying it's an error in the script. 

Error log below:

Tue Aug 04 10:03:54 2015] [error] [client 218.214.82.227] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer:website/index.php/admin/M2ePro/adminhtml_ebay_order/view/id/7325/key/ffb327540ff389d257dc2eaeeeffc3d...

I also get this message in the other error log

client denied by server configuration: /home/website/public_html/app/etc/local.xml

I'm quite new to all of this, 

So if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: M2E Pro Internal Server Error when creating imported ebay orders

Hi @keysun, have you tried reaching out to the m2e team via their client portal? https://clients.m2epro.com/

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

Hi Sherrie,

Yes I have, but haven't had a response.

"Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@keysun.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This may be an M2ePro error, but ultimately the message you are receiving is related to your server configuration. Basically there is an error in your server configuration in the way it handles errors.

The most likely culprit is your .htaccess settings. If your not comfortable modifying your .htaccess file, I would contact your hosting company and point them in that direction. 

Brian Wade
President / Senior Developer Cybersolutions LLC - LinkedIn Profile

@MagentoNinja

Thanks for your respone Brian.

I've just had a look at my .htaccess file and it doesn't say much?

This is all that's in there

"Order deny,allow

Deny from all"

Has 666 permission

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Letitia

You can try downloading the Magento file system for your version https://www.magentocommerce.com/download and substitute your .htaccess with the default sample .htaccess . It may do the trick.

However since servers can vary on whether the default .htaccess will work (or if it even respects .htaccess files in the file system) it's a shot in the dark without knowing the server's configuration.

Brian Wade
President / Senior Developer Cybersolutions LLC - LinkedIn Profile

@MagentoNinja

Thanks Brian. I'll test this out and see if it works!

I got same 500 error while trying to create order brought in by ebay. This happened after I upgraded from 6.3.3 to 6.3.6. Don't think htaccess has anything to do with it as I already tried the stock one.  Very frustrating!

That is a process of elimination. From my own recent experience I found that file and folder permissions did not stack up to Magento requirements. My approach was to

1. check the root .htaccess file for abnormalities
2. recursively set all folder permissions to 755 (except for /var/cache , /var/lock , /var/log , /var/session which I set to 777)
3. set all file permissions to 644 (there are a few exceptions)
4. flushed cache in admin
5. cleared browser cache and site related cookies
6. downloaded all log files for safe keeping then cleared the log files
7. retested and checked all log files again

Tedious but you eliminate bit by bit.

In many cases the 500 server error is a result of a script running in an endless loop.

iSO Network - eCommerce & hosting solutions

I have exact same problem. While I was in 1.5.1 with M2E 6.3.3, everything worked just fine. After upgrading magento to 1.9.1 and M2E to latest, whenever import ebay orders that contains configurable products, I got 500 error and no magento orders were created. The error log gives "Premature end of script headers".  I contacted M2E team, they just said it's server problem and I should contact them. So I did. Nexcess team suggested since recommended php version for 1.9 is 5.4 and my store is running on 5.3, they offer to move to php 5.4 server. We did that, but still same problem. But this time no "Premature end of script headers" error, instead the creating process exhausted all memory and got stuck.( Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes))

So I contacted both M2E and server again. M2E still gives same response: server's problem, they can't help. They even don't bother to look. Server tech support said they tried to lift the limit to 1G, yet the process still exhausted all available memory.

I suspect not many people report this problem because they mostly list configurable products to ebay as several listing each for one simple (child) product, as orders of all simple products have no problem to be created in magento.

I'm too very frustrated with this problem because since orders can't be created, the stock won't decrease n time either. Currently I try to list product as simple, which means could be one ebay listing but I have to list 10. Or I have to manually create order in magento according to ebay orders. Either way is time consuming and frustrating.

I saw M2E 6.1.6 change log had  "Fix: [eBay] problems with creating magento orders for configurable products in some cases". Funny back then I never got that problem, but now I do. And M2E support is not helping...even though now they start charging.