cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.4 problems with checkout page and cookies

Magento 1.9.3.4 problems with checkout page and cookies

I have 2 strange problems with Magento checkout page (1.9.3.4). Both of them are happening for guest users.
  1. Sometimes when a customer fills his cart and proceed with checkout when the page is open he is not able to select "Register" or "Buy as a guest" because the form is hidden. It is not at all in the page. Does anyone know what may cause this issue?

2. We have a promo code for free shipping - one usage per customer is allowed. If this promo code is used by a guest user, he is given the free shipping - which is OK. But if he enters the site again and tries to purchase something the promo code is "auto" applied. He do not need to enter anything. Seems like the browser somehow knows that this session has entered a promo code before. Where the promo codes usages are stored?

I understand what we cannot restrict the usage a promo code to 1 per customer if he is not registered, but ins't there a way to validate the usage based on shipping email not by customer email?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 1.9.3.4 problems with checkout page and cookies

Hi @hristo_peev,

Can you share a public URL for issue 1?

Regarding promo codes maybe you can use the customer group restriction? (Avoiding not logged in customers)

Área de trabajo 1_001.png

Thanks for the response!

1. The problem do not occur every time and I can't describe steps to reproduce it.

2. Regarding promo codes - yes, that would work, but actually we want to allow free deliveries for guest, so basically my question was if it is possible to validate a promo code usage by billing email, not by customer email.

Hi @hristo_peev,

As you can see at the screenshot the cupon limit works only for registered users. So I guess the answer should be "Is not possible by default or without some customization".