cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.6 static block cache issue with Sub-categories listing

SOLVED

Magento 1.9.3.6 static block cache issue with Sub-categories listing

Dear Community,

I have followed the tutorial found here to list their sub-categories on my category pages.

However, after the first category page visit it displays the sub-categroies of this category page for all subsequent category pages.

Investigating the issue, I found it to be caused by the cache: Blocks HTML output.

researching the issue I see in previous version(s) magento doesn't cache dynamic static blocks correctly.

I am using the latest version yet the issue still persists, I have currently disabled the aforementioned cache: Bad practice I know. But, it is the only way to make it work.

I am at a loose end and was wondering if anyone could possibly provide further clarification on the matter or how I can either disable this cache for my block only or correct the issue

I have come across this module which looks to solve the issue but is 2 years old: 

https://github.com/progammer-rkt/Rkt_SbCache

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.9.3.6 static block cache issue with Sub-categories listing

Yes you can use this extension safely. 

I am the author of this extension. I wrote this extension overcome the static block issue which raised after the release of magento 1.9.

It is open source, it doesn't hold any rewrites. It just listen to a core event and do the needful for static blocks.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I am the author of this extension. I wrote this extension overcome the static block issue which raised after the release of magento 1.9.

It is open source, it doesn't hold any rewrites. It just listen to a core event and do the needful for static blocks.

Hope that helps

Fantastic shall incorporate into my site now, cheers.

@Rajeev_KT wrote:

Hope that helps

Its not working.

I am using magento 1.9.2.4 version

@Rajeev_KT wrote:

Hope that helps

Hello,

I have the same issue with version 1.9.3.10

Did you manage to solve it?