cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.x Backend Error: 'Class Magento\Backend\Model\Auth\Interceptor does not exist

Magento 1.x Backend Error: 'Class Magento\Backend\Model\Auth\Interceptor does not exist

Hi all,

I'm currently encountering a recurring issue in Magento 1.x where I'm unable to access the backend login page. Instead, I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Backend\Model\Auth\Interceptor' does not exist in /path/to/magento/backend/...

I have tried multiple solutions like clearing the cache, reindexing, and even checking for corrupted files, but the issue persists sporadically. It seems to appear after a certain time without any noticeable trigger.

Some specifics:

Magento Version: Magento 1.9.4.3 (CE)
PHP Version: 7.x (I suspect compatibility might be an issue here, but not sure)
Custom Modules: Several custom extensions and a couple of outdated ones which might be interfering
Steps Taken: Cache flush, reindexing, checked the custom modules for possible conflicts, reinstalled the Magento core files.
Has anyone encountered this particular error with the Auth Interceptor class? Could this be a conflict with custom modules, or is there something wrong with my Magento configuration?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.