cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Issue with Sitemap: Different Entries for Sitemaps

Magento Issue with Sitemap: Different Entries for Sitemaps

Heyho,

i couldn't find any help with my issue, so I'm posting it here: Our automatically generated sitemap.xml uses the actual and functioning URLs, which is nice. But the /catalog/seo_sitemap/category/ and catalog/seo_sitemap/products/ that can also be accessed on our site uses old entries, that deliver 404s and 500s. 

Is there a possibility to manually update the seo-sitemap page? Any ideas to solve this bug? We are using Magento 1.9.1.0

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Issue with Sitemap: Different Entries for Sitemaps

Hi @Furball 

The pages you are refering to doens't per say use cached / indexed data. Saying that it does depend on the core_url_rewrite table (assume you are using Community edition) that is indexed by the Url indexer.

Unless you have some sort of FPC or other module caching these pages. 

So there if you are now having problem with other product lists, this list should work as well. My best guese is try and reindex the Url's and see if that have an effect.

Re: Magento Issue with Sitemap: Different Entries for Sitemaps

The auto generated sitemap always needs to be edited manually. To make it better you need to remove the links of 404 pages, URLs with parameters, filters and keep just one canonical URL for each product as Magento by default creates multiple URLs for the same product.

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service