cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Subtracting Tax from subtotal instead of adding it

SOLVED

Magento Subtracting Tax from subtotal instead of adding it

For some reason magento is subtracting the tax amount from the subtotal instead of adding it. So now grandtotal is incorrect!  5.50 + 6.07 +0.66= 12.23 not 11.57. I looked at my tax settings and they all seem correct so I have no idea why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

subtotal excluding tax is actually cheaper than the product thats 12.95!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento Subtracting Tax from subtotal instead of adding it

Turned out it was an HHVM issue. HHVM used a different sorting order for prices I guess. Fix was to Set hhvm.enable_zend_sorting = 1 in hhvm/php.ini and then restart HHVM.

Hope this helps anyone with same problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Are you sure that the settings are really correct? Please, go to System > Config > Tax > Calculation Settings. Seems that at the moment you have option "Catalog Prices" set to "Including Tax". This option means that the prices you've set for products already include tax. Check itm please.

Yes Im sure settings are correct I have attached photos of them to original post. Thanks

Turned out it was an HHVM issue. HHVM used a different sorting order for prices I guess. Fix was to Set hhvm.enable_zend_sorting = 1 in hhvm/php.ini and then restart HHVM.

Hope this helps anyone with same problem.

hi mowz, i have the exact situation.  If it's not too much trouble can you show me the steps to get this fixed? thank you.

best regards,

Edwin

I also face same error but in my server HHVM not installed any other solution?

For anyone else experiencing this. I found it was an issue with running Mage 1.9.x on PHP 7.0.

Reverting back to PHP 5 and refreshing caches and indexes worked for me.

Apparently, there are patches for Mage 1.9.x to work on PHP 7.x so I will test these.