cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento admin panel ACCESS DENIED after changing domain. Tried all online guides and no luck...

Magento admin panel ACCESS DENIED after changing domain. Tried all online guides and no luck...

The installation is on the same hosting server, but new file path.

I have the files and database linked, of course.

I am using the correct password (as it says Access denied. as opposed to invalid login)

I tried adding a new user through the database anyway, same issue.

I made sure Secure URLs and/or Unsecure URLs  are correctly set (as always when switching domains)

I have tried setting the<session_save> in app/etc/local.xml to 

<session_save><![CDATA[db]]></session_save>
//as opposed to
<!--<session_save><![CDATA[files]]></session_save>-->

I am thinking it is a cookie issue, as I am most unfamiliar with cookies as opposed to any other problem it could be, 

I have tried going into core_config_data setting the cookie data to NULL or 0, but I have seen several different settings that other users claimed to have worked for them, but none of them work for me.

Please let me know if you can help, any feedback is wonderful. I am fairly new to Magento so I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was sitting in front of my face.

P.S. I have read a lot about editing Varien.php and commenting out some lines, but A.) i tried it (didn't work) and undid it and B.) that seems to solve those with a localhost installation

P.P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum/thread/bad manners/not enough info/too much info as I rarely ever use forums.

Thanks in advance and let me know if any additional info is needed!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento admin panel ACCESS DENIED after changing domain. Tried all online guides and no luck...

Hi,

Yes. It's most probably related to the cookie issue. Have you tried this guide: https://www.yireo.com/tutorials/magento/magento-administration/651-unable-to-login-into-the-magento-...

If you haven't, follow the steps it has and it will fix the issue.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Magento admin panel ACCESS DENIED after changing domain. Tried all online guides and no luck...

@theMageComp wrote:

Hi,

Yes. It's most probably related to the cookie issue. Have you tried this guide: https://www.yireo.com/tutorials/magento/magento-administration/651-unable-to-login-into-the-magento-...

If you haven't, follow the steps it has and it will fix the issue.

Yes, as I mentioned in the post, I have tried all methods from that specific post

Also tried everything from here

Hi @Garyfrey9, my apologies that this is greatly delayed, but were you ever able to resolve your issue?

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical