cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento showing null in the product size dropdown

Magento showing null in the product size dropdown

It seems that some people who visit my Magento Website (version 1.9, latest update) when picking a size in DropDown of the productpage as null value is displayed. Tried to recreate this error but its working fine on my computer (and others).

Tested the website on all available browsers and devices, it seems that the customers that are reporting this issue are connected to a business network or mobile network. My own business network and mobile network its working fine.

Last 6 months about 4 customers reported it, with a amount of about 24 thousand unique visitors. But im sure there are customer who got that null value but not reported it.

Any solution for this problem?

Example Null value Magento:

g0M42.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Magento showing null in the product size dropdown

Hi,

Are you using any custom modules on product, stock etc?

What's your store url?

Product is configurable product: color, size and heel height

No custom stock extensions, extensions "Simple Barcode Inventory" is installed.

Url: Product page

The strange thing is that on all the different devices i tried it, its working. 

Hi,

I have tried your product page on safari, chrome, mozilla and all bowser showed 'null'.

Can you see this attribute option in backend?

Few checks which might have happened recently:

1. did you apply patch?

2. migrated store?

@marketingsol

Could you go to Catalog > Manage Attributes, edit 'SELECT SIZE' attribute and check what it says for 'Catalog Input Type for Store Owner'?

Just checked, all shoes on your store has 'Null' under 'SELECT SIZE'.

@asrarau Thank you for looking into it. You can find the screenshot of the attribute here

Looking forward in hearing from you!

Hi,

@msolution

Could you look into your Magento db table 'eav_attribute' and search for 'size' in attribute_code column and send me another screenshot of the complete row?

@asrarau

Here is a screenshot of the db row

db.jpg

@msolution

Your attribute backend_type looks alright. Did you try reindexing? If not, I suggest reindex in the following order:

1. product flat data, product attributes, category products

2. category flat data

3. search

4. url rewrite (if you do have more than 1000 products, you should not perform this during production hours.)

It’s good practice not to reindex at all for heavy traffic sites during product hours.

Go to your Magento db table ‘catalog_product_entity_int’ and search for ‘134’ in attribute_id column and please send the screengrab.

@asrarau

Great, advice. Tonight ill do a full re-indexing as you suggested.

Here some screenshots of the db table (seeing the null value in the first screen)

db1.pngdb2.pngdb3.png