cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Product Price dependant on two configurable options

Make Product Price dependant on two configurable options

Hi guys I would like my configurable product price to be dictated by two of the configurable option.

For example,

If customer chooses A5 size and pack size of 50 then it will cost £50. But, if they choose say A4 size and pack size of 75 then it will cost £97

So, the price should depend on the 'pack size' and 'size of product wanted'. How would I go about this ?

Is this even possible in magento 1.9.2.4 ?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Make Product Price dependant on two configurable options

Hello.

It is possible by setting up super attribute price mark-ups for variations (fixed value or percentage):

magento super attributes.png

Using them you can prices for each option from drop-down.

Here is also tutorial with more details on super attributes:
http://blog.mag-manager.com/2013/07/how-to-make-price-of-magento.html

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hello,

Thank you for replying first of all, much appreciated. That link is dead and I know I can do it for each configuration option. But I need it to work as such:

if customer selects Pack size 50 AND size A5 flat then price is say 58 pounds.

If customer selects Pack size 100 AND size A5 flat the price is say 79 pounds.

if customer selects  pack size 75 AND size A5 flat the price is say 70 pounds.

if customer selects  pack size 50 AND size A4 the price is say 88 pounds.

if customer selects  pack size 75 AND size A4 the price is say 97 pounds.

if customer selects  pack size 100 AND size A4 the price is say 114 pounds.

In Magento every options of configurable product is also saved as simple product.
In order to change the price according to combination, just edit the configurable product then go to associated product tab there is option named "Super product attributes configuration" set price accordingly and check.

Hello.

I have edited the link, it is working now.

Magento's logic for configurable prices is the following: you set price of parent configurable product, let's say 50 pounds and then with super attributes add mark-ups to both of your variations.

For example:

- Pack size 50 + £4      AND     size A5 flat +£4  = £58 in total (50 pounds+ 4 pounds + 4 pounds)

- Pack size 75 +£16     AND     size A5 +$4 = £70

- Pack size 100 +£25   AND    size A5 +£4 = £79

- pack size 50  +£4      AND size A4 +£35 = £88

- pack size 75 +£16     AND +16 size A4 +£35 = £100

- Pack size 100 +£ 25  AND size A4 +£35 = £110

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Currently on the screen right now, only allows fixed or percentage addition/subtraction depending on singular combination. I need a multiple one I believe, as the example illustrates if you were to select the option 50 for configurable product attribute 'pack size' and option a5 for configurable attribute 'paper size' then it would cost 58 pounds.

But, if they are to say select option 50 again for the configurable product attribute 'pack size' and instead choose option a4 fold to a5 for configurable product attribute 'paper size' then it would cost 88 pounds. 

In total there are three different paper sizes and three different pack sizes giving 9 possible combinations.

Here is a table illustrating the pricing further:

20160704_132117.jpg

So, even if customer chooses configuration 50 for pack size the price is dependant also on the paper size. 

Hi!

This Magento Dynamic Product Options plugin allows to set the conditional branching with ability to associate options with other products. You can also specify the price for each option, so the final price will vary depending on the pack size and the size of product.

Hope this helps!

Alex

Our extensions for Magento 2