cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta titles the same site wide - I've tried everything to edit but they refuse to change.

Meta titles the same site wide - I've tried everything to edit but they refuse to change.

Hi,

We use magento 1.8 with a smartwave porto theme.

The meta titles on our website are the same on every page despite us trying to change them.

They do change when edited in the meta information area of pages allthough whatever we put is just added to the end of the meta title that's already in place. 

The title that every page shares is Lincoln Printing Services - Low Cost Leaflets, Flyers & Menu Printing - Free Delivery and when we change the title of the homepage in the admin panel it adds whatever we put onto the end of this meta title.

I've looked all over for answers to this problem but most that i've read hve said you just change this in the design section of the admin panel but we don't have anything saying design there...

Help would be much appreciated as it's really holding us upwith our website.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Meta titles the same site wide - I've tried everything to edit but they refuse to change.

Empty Title Prefix and Title suffix on System>> Config>> design>> HTML HEAD>>

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service

Re: Meta titles the same site wide - I've tried everything to edit but they refuse to change.

We don't have any of that inside admin & tht's why i can't change them. It's all missing.

I'm having a similar problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

Ron