cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi language website

Multi language website

i am able to do a swap in language on the website, however the content still in original language. how i am suppose to modify the content, navigation to new language also?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Multi language website

How have you got this set up? Multi store views?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

yes, multi store view @iweb_smartie

Ok so for things like products, you can edit the text shown per store by editing a product and then changing the store view from the menu on the top left.

Static text should be done using locale files. For example; if you look in app/locale/en_US (which is the default language) you will see a bunch of csv files. Whenever Magento sees a string like $this->__('Login') it will go these files to see what it should translate it to. Obviously translations do not have to be language based they can just be something else you want appear whenever the word 'Login' is used.

If you have set another language then you will need a folder app/locale/<name> with the corresponding csvs.

Actually, here is a reference post

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

In case you have creates multiple store views, you need to install language packs to translate labels and interface. But unfortunately to get quality translations you'd need to do them yourself. Here is the step-by-step guide for you to check on in case you are interested in Magento 2 pages translations:

https://magefan.com/blog/how-to-create-multi-language-store-in-magento-2

yes i resolved my issue blogger at : freedombra