cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple contact forms -within- magento contact form

Multiple contact forms -within- magento contact form

Hello!

First off, forgive my lack of knowledge in php, that is a world I have yet to really delve into! So, I am trying to use the contact form while giving the user the opportunity to select which part of the company to contact.

I have created a select box that hides and shows different forms within the contact form page, and I have located the indexController.php (Mage/Contacts/controllers/IndexController.php) where the form action is being used. I have also seen where the recipient can be changed, my only confusion is to what exactly I could duplicate to get this desired effect to work all on the same page.

I believe the form is being called via

<form action="<?php echo $this->getFormAction(); ?>" id="contactForm" method="post">

Which directs to the indexController.php, and I have found help that would allow me to change and send the email to multiple recipients, but my goal is to send to a single recipient, but have multiple instances of the form.

I imagine I would want to have multiple instances of postAction but unsure where to relabel them/call them in the form.phtml to allow for the different locations.

I hope this makes sense and thank you for your time!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Multiple contact forms -within- magento contact form

Hi,

just to get that straigt:

You want to change the recipient address based on the user selection?

or

You want to have different types of forms sent to the same recipient address?

Best,

Rico

--
Co-Founder of Buro 71a, Teaching for Magento U, Help the German Community grow