cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a coupon that offers 50% off an order until a specific savings amount is met. Can this be done?

Need a coupon that offers 50% off an order until a specific savings amount is met. Can this be done?

I run a non-profit ecommerce store that offers invited customers a funds match system where we give $1 for every $1 the customer spends, up to a predetermined amount. Some customers get up to $2,500 of credit (they would need to spend $5,000 to collect the full credit), some get only $1,000. Because some customers never spend the grant funds, we award more than we actually have. This means that the funds (approximately $80,000) should be used on a first come, first served basis. 

I'm desperately trying to figure out how to best implement this using Magento 1.9. I thought coupons would be a good way to do it where I have a 50% off coupon up to a certain dollar amount. If a customer who was awarded $2,500 spends exactly $5,000, they would receive half off. If they spend $1,500, they would receive a credit of $750. If they spent $6,000, they will receive a credit of $2,500. I need to be sure that they spend some of their own money too. 

Does anyone have an idea on how this can be implemented? I'm willing to pay a developer to do this if it can be done, or perhaps there's a good plugin that can manage this. I realize that one of the complications will be storing each customer's grant allowance in their record, or else I'd have to create hundreds of unique coupon codes, which I don't want to do (don't want to have to manage that). I would also need to make sure that the coupon code(s) expire at the end of the year.

Thanks, I really appreciate any replies and assistance.